I’m back in New York, and I’m so fortunate that my apartment and street fared just fine through Superstorm Sandy. Watching the storm unfold on the news from North Carolina last week was terrifying; we saw streets (including Rob’s) that we travel on regularly completely flooded, with cars floating along. We were able to check in with our friends and coworkers, and though many had evacuated, all were safe. The city is in recovery mode now, and we are all so thankful for your continued prayers.
Because we couldn’t get back to New York in time to catch our flight to San Francisco last week, we flew straight from Raleigh to San Francisco. A very dear and close family friend got married in Rohnert Park, CA last Friday, and we are so thankful to have been able to make it out there to for the wedding and joyful celebrations! We got to see my sister and family friends, and even and tour parts of Northern California for a few days.
Here are my highlights from the trip:
1. The Wedding! Congratulations to Erica and Britten! So happy we got to celebrate with you.
2. Stanford University and Palo Alto
3. Downtown Sonoma
4. Sunshine and Palm Trees
5. Muir Woods National Forest (Redwoods!)
6. Baker Beach, San Francisco
7. Korbel Winery/Champagne Tasting
8. Highway 1 and the Pacific Ocean
9. Lombard Street in San Francisco (the “crookedest street” in the world)
10. Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco